Saturday, April 01, 2006

Where Everything Isn't Meant to Be Okay

Drove back past Camp LeJeune today, in Jacksonville, NC.

Lots, and LOTS, of "we want our boy back" (mostly; sometimes girl) signs on the fence as you drive along NC-24 past the base.

That's why I don't get the "I support the Iraqi resistance" folks. I know a lot of people in the military, officers and enlisted both. My dad was a captain in the regular Army, WWII, southern France.

You want to say the war is a mistake, or that Bush is a bad President, go ahead.

And if you want to say the REAL victims here are the Iraqi civilians, you may be right.

But the hate directed toward the soldiers trying to do an impossible job, I just don't get. And there are lots of people who really do fancy that they think American soldiers should justly die for the mistakes of an American President.

I am not one of those people. And they also serve who stand and wait....

No comments: